Tipp City was founded in 1840 by John Clark. Many of the first homes built by Mr. Clark are still in use today. The city’s original name was “Tippecanoe” derived from Williams Henry Harrison’s presidential campaign slogan, “Tippecanoe and Tyler too!” The name was later shortened to Tipp City in 1938.
At the edge of Tipp City resides Canal Lock No.
15 of the Miami-Erie Canal.